your driver is here."
This is the way to begin your India adventure.
Chances are, you got in at an ungodly hour last night. Ease in to the
chaos of India's capital city with a leisurely tour of Delhi's most famous
We suggest you head out around 10:00 am after breakfast at your hotel.
Leave your itinerary up to your driver, or pick from these must-sees:
- Jama Masjid, the country's largest mosque
- the medieval workmanship of Qutb Minar
- Humayun's tomb, Delhi's finest example of Mughal architecture
- Puran Qila, built by the man who laid the original Grand Trunk Road
- the elegant but imposing Red Fort
- the massive masonry instruments of Jantar Mantar observatory (1719)
- Rajpath, India Gate and the central government buildings
- the famous Lotus Temple of the Baha'i faith
- infamous newly white-washed Connaught Place, Delhi's chief shopping
You make your own schedule, but you'll probably want to stop for lunch
around 1:30. We know the white table cloth restaurants, or maybe you are
missing MacDonald's or Kentucky Fried Chicken already? You can eat from
the street stalls, they always smell so tempting......but we'll try and
talk you out of it!
Time to go back to your hotel for dinner and an early bedtime? Not ready
to sleep? You could arrange for your driver to take you to some evening
entertainment. Perhaps the sound and light show at the Red Fort, or an
exhibition or Indian dance and music? Or simply forge ahead for a few
more hours till the jet lag catches up with you.
Nothing can prepare you for the riot of colors, sounds and smells that
you'll experience on your first day in India!
Full Day City Tour of Delhi (about 8-9 hours)
By Etios or Dzire (suitable for up to 3 people)..........................................Price:
By Innova (suitable for up to 5 people)......................................................Price:
Price includes driver, car, fuel and parking fees. Some sights are
free and others have entrance fees. We can advise you about the fees to
enter monuments just before your trip. We don't include them in the price
of your City Tour. The driver acts as a guide in a general way, but he
can't be your guide inside monuments: it isn't allowed. You can easily
hire one if you want at the entrance to any attraction. You won't be able
to avoid, er....miss them.
If you like history, click here to
read about how we got in to this crazy business.
Copyright 2000-2019 Namaste India Tours