Airport Transfer Service
Rajasthan by car
Number One: All foreign nationals need a Visa to get into India. The
ONLY exceptions are if you are from Nepal or Bhutan. Apply early.
1. Always travel with travel insurance.
2. Make an appointment with a travel clinic at least a month before your
departure date, six months if possible. Many universities have travel
clinics. If you cannot find a travel doctor in your area, please check
out the web site for the International
Association of Medical Assistance for Travelers.
3. Stick with foods that have been cooked, or foods that you can wash
and peel yourself. Stay away from fried foods if you have a sensitive
4. Consider taking a "friendly bacteria" supplement such as
Kyo-Dophilus manufactured by Wakunaga of America, LTD. Mission Viejo,
California, 92691, USA.(L.Acidophilus, B. Bifidum and B. Longum). Similar
supplements are available at most health food stores.
5. Drink bottled water, readily available in all but the most remote villages.
6. Chai, tea, coffee and soft drinks are quite safe.
7. Wash your hands frequently.
8. Read this article about traveler's
diarrhea. It's rather comforting, actually.
1. India is a very safe destination for travelers. Theft is not common
you should bring luggage that you can lock. Keep your valuables close
2. Walking alone at night is ill-advised.
3. Substances that affect your judgment, such as alcohol or Bhang Lassi,
leave you susceptible.
4. Female travelers will want to dress modestly. Bare shoulders and bare
legs are generally unacceptable.
5. Although grass, hashish and opium are available, they are illegal,
and penalties for use, trafficking and possession are harsh and strictly
1. Learn this phrase early in your trip: "Ye hai India, darling."
(Pronounced yea hay India, darling.) This is your mantra whenever
something goes wrong, when things don't move fast enough for you, when
the road is blocked by a cow, when you haggle ferociously for 15 minutes
to reach an agreement on the price of a bracelet and as you proudly leave
with your purchase the shop keeper throws in a second one for free, when
a six year old street beggar tugs on your elbow and offers you a handful
of berries, when the lights go out as the sun comes up, when the lights
go out as the sun goes down, .............."This is India, darling."
2. When inquiring about the cost of a service by asking "How much?"
the response "As you wish" means: "I know exactly
what I want and I am going to be insulted if I don't get it."
3. When in a shop, sit down, relax, take the tea they offer, even though
it may be your third cup of the morning. If you want it, and can afford
it, buy it. Don't drive yourself crazy wondering if you got the lowest
possible price. You didn't.
4. Just because it isn't clean doesn't mean it's dirty. Re-read this
one after you get back from your trip!
Ladies only page.
Links of Interest
Copyright 2000-2012 Namaste India Tours